Stanley Ebai Enow is a Cameroonian rapper, radio and TV presenter, and voice actor. He is the co-owner of the record label, Motherland Empire. Stanley made a huge impact when he released ‘Hein Pere’, a track that received global success. Stanley Enow has a style of blending childhood plays in his rhymes, and does it so well.
But is he the King of Cameroon HipHop? Just so that you know he is Stanley Enow aka King Kong.
A King is a male sovereign. It could be sovereignty over a country, a genre of music or anything
Lets take a look at breath taking facts and assessments about ‘bayangi boy’ as concerns his musical career.
- On the First Edition of Cameroon Academy Awards, he won Male Artist of the Year and Urban Artist of the Year
- The “Hein Pere” music video which was his very first official single rocked the airwaves of almost every radio and TV station in and out of Cameroon. The song won the award for Best Video of the Year at the 2013 Balafon Music Awards.The song was ranked at number 1 on Reverbnation’s Cameroon list.
- Enow is the only Cameroonian to have been nominated and won the MTV Africa Music Awards, where he won the Best New Act award in 2014.
- He also won Best New Act and was nominated for Best Male Central Africa at the 2014 African Muzik Magazine Awards.
- Canal 2 International Awards, he won the Best New Act in 2015 and Best Urban Artist.
- To carry the Kamer Musichood further, Stanley Enow presently stands out to have featured with the most international artists than any other Cameroon Urban artist. He has featured Sarkodie, DJ Neptune, Olamide, AKA, FUSE Odg, Ice Prince,Tu Face Idibia, Nyanda just to name a few.
- Presently Stanley has released a single Album titled Soldier like my papa. Before the release of his first album, Stanley Enow was already decorated with several trophies. Like he said on one of his songs ft Dj Neptune “I have gone round the world without an album”
While on interview in 2015 on Canal 2 International, Stanley Enow stated clearly that he actually did open the way for the other Cameroonian Urban artists on the international platform. How true is this though? That claim got many people offended but for his Fans who never find any issue with what he says
His latest track “Pray4Me” is new single inspired by the demise of his so loved sister #SylvieEnow. What a lovely way to start the year with a soulful trap tune in prelude to his second album. This same Track has raised a lot of criticism. Notwithstanding the throne has not been touched yet.
So many songs, so many awards,so many fans. Are this not qualifications enough to make him king, king of hip hop?. I don’t mind if you show me another hip hop artist like him.
KD readers leave us your comments in the comment box below.